Saturday, January 16, 2010

About How much of my paycheck can I keep? I work in Kansas City, Missouri

How much of my paycheck can I keep? I work in Kansas City, Missouri.?
I'm working at a new job in Kansas City, Missouri, and I'd like to put together a budget, but I'm not sure how much money I'll have to actually work with. Is there a good way to figure out what percentage will be taken from my paycheck to pay federal taxes, state taxes, social security, etc... ?
United States - 4 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
you can keep all of your actual paycheck
Answer 2 :
No way to tell with the info you give. You'd need to say how much you are making, your filing status and whether you have any dependents, and a lot more about your personal situation than you have given. Figure you'll probably lose 30% or so of your check to taxes. It could be more or less than that, depending on your situation.
Answer 3 :
Figure you will keep 63%
Answer 4 :
Go here for some handy paycheck estimators: http://www.paycheckcity.com They're very accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment